Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Move #1

The rest of January and February was spent packing up as much as we thought would fit in a full size U-Haul truck.  We carefully went through each and every cupboard and closet and decided what should go on the first move and what could stay and go the second round.  Jake decided to move with his dad in March and start school so as to meet some people and have friends over the summer.  Beth and I stayed through the end of the school year as I was under contract and she had numerous orchestra commitments and wasn't quite ready to leave her beloved friends.  It was a very long three months apart from each other.  They left on March 3rd and Beth and I stood on the curb watching them drive away and just cried.  And of course once they were gone, whatever could go wrong, did go wrong!  The main breaker on the house went on the fritz and we were without power to half the house for about a week and a half.  The pool equipment stopped working right and it was all I could do to keep the water from going green.  But we got through it.  And she and I flew up the week after they left for Spring Break and got in on the last little winter snow flurry.  So much fun!  Beth also pinned the badge on her dad during the swearing in ceremony, but you've already seen that.  :-)










0 comments: