Not sure why I only keep up with this once a year! There's always so much that happens I could post every couple of weeks! So I guess I'll back up and and move into the present.
Last Aug. we went Blueberry picking couple of times. Once with our friends the Lehman's, and once while Dave's mom was visiting us. We got lots of awesome blueberries!
Of course the first thing I did was make blueberry jelly. It's my favorite!
Last August was also the North Idaho State Fair. I had entered several items and won some ribbons. Here are pictures of my entries. This was one of the afghans. Third place.
This afghan received an honorable mention.
Scarf - 1st place
Afghan - 1st place
Tole painting (Halloween) - 1st place
Tole painting - Best theme - 1st place
Tole painting - Christmas - 1st place and Special Premium 1st place
Limoncello - 2nd place
Rhubarb Gin - 1st place and Grand Champion
Had to leave my dough and this is what I found when I came home!
Bethany got a job at the Kootenai County Sheriff's office. This was her swearing in ceremony.
Yep. Dog number 3!!! A bull mastiff named Roux.
Don't let her small size now fool you. Just wait.....
She and Molly hit it off right from the beginning!
This was our downtown Christmas light parade. It's right after Thanksgiving and gets us all ready for the Christmas season. We were able to go with our friends the Lehman's.
I rarely get pics of Jake so when I do I'm super excited!!
This is the annual wrapping of gifts by the police wives after the big Christmas fundraiser.
Our backyard after the snow.
Christmas - All the dogs getting new collars from Santa.
Every winter Dave likes to surprise me with snow in my bathroom sink!
An afghan for next years fair.
Beth, Dave and I went to Spokane to see Straight No Chaser in concert.
We had a whole flock of turkeys run through our yard. It was hysterical!
In March I went to AZ and took mom over to Nancy's new house and she sat and played her piano for a bit. Love her!
Nick and me!
Tani and her new puppy, Winslow.
Beth was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and started infusions.
Getting my incubator ready for eggs.
100 pound lapdog!
Lemons my brother sent me from AZ! They were awesome! I made a lot of lemon flavored desserts and then juiced them and then canned some lemon jelly.
We did some renovating and took out the cubbies in the two upstairs bedrooms and also took out all the remaining carpet from the upstairs and put in laminate flooring. It took about a month until it was all complete.
I was able to successfully hatch 5 eggs.
We also ended up getting a new stove for the front living room during the remodel since we couldn't find parts for the old one. It's very nice and does a great job heating the house.
My cousin Doug made a trip to Spokane for the Bloomsday run and we were able to meet up for dinner and spend a little time together. I always love to see him.
Police appreciation week. I made 8 pies for dessert one day and breakfast on another day.
Afghan number 2 for next years fair.
Rhubarb from my garden.
Strawberry/Rhubarb crisp
The babies out in the coop. They were all killed by racoons not long after this.
These two pics were on Father's Day. Love these guys!

0 comments:
Post a Comment