Tuesday, August 3, 2021

So much as happened!


 Again, where do I begin to catch up?  I left you last August of 2020.  That's just about when everything hit the fan.  My dad's health began to deteriorate very quickly.  I was scheduled to fly down on Nov. 6th, but decided that would be too late and I was right.  I went on Oct. 16th, and he passed away on Oct. 25th.  I stayed an entire month to begin the work of figuring out all of my parents accounts and helping my mom.  She is doing very well other than not being able to walk well.  She enjoys having ownership of the remote control and watching every sports game or match there is on every channel.  I think that is the Ormiston in her!  When I came home, we spent the holidays together and began worrying about Dave's dad since his health had become an issue again.  He had suffered from Gall Bladder cancer and we were about to discover that it had come back with a vengeance.  Dave flew down in February to help his dad take care of a few things and help him as he came home from the hospital, and then unbelievably, he passed away on March 7th.  It was all so devastating for us.  Then Dave's mom became very ill and was hospitalized for 16 days in June.  She is doing much better now, but talk about worry and grief! These pictures are going from most recent all the way back to last August.  

Beth and her cousin Vivian.  She and her parents, Laura and Kevin Peck came for a week's visit in July and we had a great time!







Our new puppy: Molly.  She's a Border Collie.

Our Stormy

Beth and her dad.  She's in her Explorer uniform and it's cool when they are all uniformed up!

My lilacs this year.

Lake Pend' Orielle with the snow in the mountains in the background.

Chief White and the two captains making breakfast burritos for the troops during police appreciation week.

Who can resist a pic with the wiener mobile when it comes to town.

I went back to AZ in March of 2021 and this is my brother John, cousin Steve and his wife Cindy.

Dave's dad, CB.




Making our own Speidel sausage

Christmas 2020



Making lefse

Thanksgiving 2020



A table full of crafts my dad made

All the grandkids

Dinner after the funeral

Beth and Nick


My new Subaru Ascent

I love Fall.  It's my favorite season.

Apple picking


Painting her room blue


In August of 2020 we went with CB and Paulette up to Paul and Kate's cabin in Cle Elum, WA for a long weekend.  It would turn out to be the last time we'd spend with CB.




Peaches from my tree.



0 comments: