I was teaching a social studies lesson on ancient people and we were talking about how since they are prehistoric, there is no written record of them ever being here. So we figured out that scientists have record of them by their artifacts. I decided to give them a chance to be "scientists" themselves. I bought (well, Dave actually went to the store for me so I could finish grading papers.) 30 terra cotta pots and he painted them for me, then put two in a plastic bag, broke them up into pieces, and I had the students try to piece them back together. They loved it. Dave got into his part of the job too. I think hammering those pots and the sound they made while they smashed into pieces was an awesome feeling!
Monday, February 21, 2011
Education at its finest....
Posted by Julie at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment