Monday, April 5, 2010

Blue and Gold Banquet

In February the scouts had the Blue and Gold Banquet which is the big fundraiser for the year and this year our troop was in charge of it. Well, the bottom line was that Dave and I were the only two people who actually volunteered to be in the kitchen cooking, so we cooked spaghetti and meatballs for 300 people. That's a lot of noodles. The scouts also had to bake and decorate a cake to the theme of "Cars". So we baked and decorated a car cake. Well, Jake and his dad did. I was not allowed to help, but I did a little anyway. Cuz, you know, they couldn't find some stuff. But they did an awesome job on this cake, and our bidding team won it for a whopping $120! You can see that Jake wasn't too interesting in starting the process, but once Dave got going on it, he got a little bit more into it.










0 comments: