Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fall Break Camping Trip and Freeze Fest

The second week of October the kids had a week off of school so we hit the road that Wednesday morning and took off up to Woods Canyon Lake up in rim country. We stayed in a campground right down by the lake and had a great time camping and fishing for four days. We took the kids bikes along and they were able to ride around all over the place and it was beautiful weather. By that I mean no rain. There was sunshine, just no warmth to speak of along with it. For those of you that have heard, Dave and I have lost some weight over the past seven months and we were quite surprised at how chilly we suddenly were in 50 degree temps! I'm usually cold all the time anyway, so I basically froze my little hinder off! I wore a long sleeve shirt with a sweatshirt over that; then a Columbia velour zip up jacket, and a hoodie sweatshirt jacket over that; then a down jacket over all of that! And I was still cold! Pathetic. Meanwhile the kids were running around with nothing on at all. Ah to be young. But we had a lot of fun.












0 comments: