On the Saturday after Christmas, we drove up past Strawberry and went sledding. It was 16 degrees outside when we got out of the truck and it was a real shock to our tender sensibilities! But we carried on and hauled ourselves up the long hill to the top. Fortunately since I was taking pictures, I stopped at the half way point so I could have a better vantage point. That's my story! We had a lot of fun til we decided to try the bigger hill to the south. It was much steeper and had a couple of brutal bounces right at the end. Jake did it a few times and then it was Beth's turn. Uncle Paul took her up and held on to the sled til she got situated and then off she went; at break neck speed. Literally. She hit those last two bumps, flew about 3 feet into the air, came down onto her hands and knees, got absolutely all the air knocked out of her and it was all over! She wrenched her back and I didn't know just how bad it was. She didn't move for about 2-3 minutes so I was pretty scared. But long story short, she's fine. We let Jake play for a little while longer and then some crazy people came into the lot where we were parked and we were afraid we were going to get hit, so we decided to call it a day. But it was great to get away even for a little while. (PS... those are Paul's dogs! Not our greyhounds!)






Friday, January 2, 2009
Fun Day in the Snow!
Posted by Julie at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMgosh! Poor thing!
Hey, Jake isn't old enough to have braces! He's only like 4! Where'd the years go?
I'm glad you posted. I missed you.
Happy New Year my friend.
Hi!! It is so nice to read and see pictures etc. (Marla here). Your kids look like fun... as does this snowy weekend.
Post a Comment