Well, it actually started the last week of May when I got hired. I've sort of sequestered myself in the office all summer long! I've scoured the internet for Kindergarten websites, lesson plans, and ideas and you just can't believe what's out there! It's been a very busy summer. A couple of weeks ago I hit the classroom. The kids have been very good about going in with me and helping/playing in there. It does get boring when I end up staying for sometimes 4 hours at a time! And get this, when I got my contract a few weeks ago, I realized that I'm making $4,000 more this year teaching 1/2 time than I did 14 years ago when I taught full time my first year of teaching. Am I really that old? I'll just call it experienced. But not really since I've never taught Kindergarten and I'm pretty much freaking out right now! I have 23 kids in my class. 10 girls and 13 boys which is a good mix. I have I think four or five who speak Spanish as their home language and one whose home language is Thai. That should be interesting. Well, school starts on August 11th, so I'll let you know how it goes. 









Saturday, July 26, 2008
And so it begins....
Posted by Julie at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Julie! You are going to be AWESOME! And maybe even learn some Thai. ;o) Break a leg Mrs. Fruitcake.
Ok, you haven't blogged in awhile. I'm thinking the kindergarten room sucked you up. One more day and you will be Mrs. Fruitcake to a room of little people, all looking to you for direction. What power you have! Have a ball and be sure to blog. I'm waiting for some insight on how to deal with these little people. ;o)
Post a Comment