Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Visit with Santa

This year at the kids' school they had the "Holiday House" and a morning with Santa. We took the kids over last Saturday morning and waited our turn. Finally they got the go up and sit next to him and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. Jake asked for a weather station, and Beth asked for a Littlest Pet Shop Diary. I don't think that Santa had ever heard of either one, but was very nice about not showing his surprise. The Holiday House is a great little fundraiser that the school does each year that benefits the kids as well. They have an Avon Rep come in and set up a little "shop" in one of the classrooms for a week and the children can come in and buy inexpensive gifts for their family and friends. Dave and I went in last Friday and volunteered some time and helped for a couple hours. It was fun! The items range from $.25 up to $10.00. Parents send in money with their kids and let them pick out what they want. I think it's a great thing!




0 comments: