Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween this year. On the Tuesday night before, we carved our pumpkins and it's a good thing we waited because they were already starting to shrivel by the time we put them out Wednesday night. Only after one day! Wednesday was interesting because I spent the morning in Beth's classroom helping out. The Kindergarten classes always have a big parade around the campus showing off their costumes and the kids need lots of help putting them on and taking them off. Then they had their big party. It was fun. Jake was allowed to wear a costume for his party too, but it had to be a character from a book. Since he chose Darth Vader for his costume this year, that was definitely out! Pop gave him the idea of Johnny Appleseed so in the morning, I stuck a pot on his head, put a "knapsack" (one of the bags from my Carollo convention collection) over his head and around his shoulder and wrote "apple seeds" on it, and off he went! We were in such a hurry that I didn't even get a picture! Can you believe it?! Around 6pm, my folks and John and Tani came over and we grilled cheeseburgers and "sold" candy as Beth called it. Then around 7pm Dave, John and I took the kids around trick or treating. It was a lot of fun. We got to bed late, were all hopped up on sugar, but that's what it's all about.



This is Mrs. Kupfer, Jake's Kindergarten teacher from Field, and also the kids' swim teacher from last summer. I thought her hair was awesome! She had a plastic cup in there to hold it up.

This is at Bethany's school during the Kindergarten costume parade.


0 comments: